Ultra Low Temperature Volatile Re-adsorption (ULTVR.2)
To overcome the known weaknesses of dry flavors processed through industry standard techniques of spray drying, GLCC pioneered a novel approach, known as ULTVR, involving low temperature processing within an enclosed recapture system.
After several years of advanced research, we’re now introducing our second generation of dry flavors, ULTVR.2, which includes a full encapsulation of the more volatile and sensitive flavor notes. This results in a more concentrated product, improved flavor release, and the ability to make dry flavors comparable to alcohol-based liquid flavors for beverage and food applications.
How it works & why the GLCC flavors are superior:
Industry standard practices use high temperatures during the spray drying process. This heat treatment results in the evaporation of the flavor components on the outside of the spray dried particles and a significant evaporation of highly volatile chemicals. The effect is a reduced flavor profile with weak or absent top-note volatiles.
The ULTVR process achieves an improved result because lower temperatures are used within an enclosed recapture system, preserving the full flavor profile and minimizing the loss of the most volatile components.
Benefits of ULTVR.2 Dry Flavors:
- Fuller and more vibrant flavors comparable to alcohol-based liquid flavors
- Ongoing resistance to heat damage – high efficacy in baked products
- Extended shelf-life (12 months)
- Available in Natural, Natural & Artificial (N&A) and Artificial formats
- Eliminates flammability and OSHA concerns for shipping, storage and use
- Simplifies international shipping
- Opens Halal market opportunities
- OU Kosher equivalent with product certification by National Kashruth (NK)
- Vacuum-packed in 20 lb packages, eliminating risks from moisture damage and oxidation
- Smaller unit size allows better inventory management to maximize freshness